This internship is an excellent opportunity for students pursuing fitness and health-related majors. In addition to working with a nationally certified trainer, qualified candidates will be awarded the chance to develop strong leadership skills and gain invaluable experience working at a premier health club. They will also acquire essential marketing and branding strategies that are crucial to succeeding in the health and fitness industry.
For at least six hours every week, interns will assist the Downtown Athletic Club’s Personal Training Director, Ralph Roberts. Ralph has helped five interns pass their national certifications.
*Internship is not paid and cannot be used for college credit.
Prerequisites & Qualifications:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Dedicated and self-motivated
- Tech savvy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- College student studying Sports and Exercise Science, or related field of study
- Assisting the Personal Training Director with trainers and clients
- Learning sales techniques
- Creating custom workout regimens for clients
- Helping the Personal Training Director with marketing and branding strategies
- Attending weekly, one-on-one meetings with the Personal Training Director
- Training with the Personal Training Director
- Using and training with fitness equipment
- Learning about body composition, running programs, strength programs, and flexibility and mobility
- Primary work location: the Downtown Athletic Club in Amarillo, Texas, with opportunities to telecommute
- Flexible schedule
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See how Ralph Roberts has helped his interns excel!
| || |