What does a group training session with a personal trainer involve?
A group training session offers the benefit of working with a personal trainer while also getting the challenge and competition of working out with a group. The trainer will set up a time for several clients to meet at the fitness center. The trainer will set up a group of exercises that the clients will revolve through during the session. Each person can work at their own pace and fitness level. They get the benefit of trainer time with the added fun of working out with others.
What kinds of exercises will the trainer use?
Each trainer has his or her own preferences for exercise routines. For a group session, the trainer may set up stations where one or two people can work out at a time. Here are a few examples of the exercises the trainer might put into the circuit:
What other benefits do you get with a group training session?
Exercising in a group offers plenty of benefits outside of what you might think:
- No more boredom - Exercise is fun when you do it with a group.
- Social environment - You can get your social fix at the same time you are getting your workout.
- Built-in instruction - The trainer is there to help you and you see others doing the same exercises.
- Consistent scheduling - Most trainers have a set time for group sessions, which makes scheduling life easier.
- Variety of exercises - You will challenge your body with different exercises every time you meet with the group.
Working out one-on-one with a trainer will prepare you for the group session. If you are interested in getting started, whether it be solo personal training or in a group, contact me, Ralph Roberts. I bring plenty of passion and over 10 years of health and fitness experience to the Downtown Athletic Club.