Fun Ways To Get A Good Burn
When you think of summer, you most likely think of sunshine … and sunburn. But there’s another kind of burn you can get this summer: calorie burn. Enjoy your summer while simultaneously burning calories with these five activities.
- Badminton - This game is a great cardio workout because it has you running all around, chasing the birdie. The lunging and stretching to reach the birdie gives your legs and backside a workout, while swinging your racket builds arm and shoulder muscles. You’ll burn 150 calories per game.
- Golf - Enthusiasts will quickly tell you that this leisurely sport is actually quite a workout, especially when you ditch the golf cart and opt for walking and carrying your clubs. It burns about 160 calories.
- Horseback Riding - The horse isn’t doing all the work when you take a ride. To stay upright, you must engage your core and squeeze your inner thighs. This activity also works your legs and glutes, burning more than 140 calories.
- Beach Volleyball - This sport is not only fun, but it's also a great way to work your legs, shoulders, and core – all while getting your heart rate up and burning 272 calories. Even if you don't live near a beach, you can still enjoy this activity as many parks and gyms have sand courts for you to enjoy.
- Swimming - Whether you have a private pool or you can only swim while on vacation, it’s an activity that requires very little effort for maximum effect. As a plus, it’s a low-intensity workout that won’t put stress on your joints. Who knew cooling off in the pool could burn more than 200 calories?
Feeling the burn doesn’t have to be a bad thing this summer. Have some fun, make some memories, and burn some calories with the activities listed above, as well as some everyday outdoor chores. Stay in shape by:
- Mowing the lawn