Squeezing in fitness when you have a busy life is no easy task. People today are busier than ever before, and the worst part is this often doesn’t include physical activity.
If you’re a busy mom, you really have your work cut out for you. Chances are, you have thought about wanting to lose weight or get in shape so that you can feel healthy and energetic, but you just can't seem to find the energy or time for exercise.
How Can I Make Time To Exercise?
One of the biggest hurdles to overcome when beginning an exercise program is thinking you have to do it a certain way. Perhaps you think that you must devote a huge block of time to it, or maybe you think that it must be done in a gym or that you have to purchase expensive exercise equipment.
This kind of thinking creates roadblocks that get in the way of fitness. If you have a busy schedule, chances are that you may not have two or even one hour to work out every day. That is okay. The most important thing you can do for your fitness is develop a habit.
How Do I Develop A Fitness Habit?
Forming a habit takes roughly three weeks. This is an important first step. Here are 5 tips to help you get started:
1. Set aside some time every day to be active. Whether it's an hour, fifteen minutes or anywhere in between. If it is possible to do it at the same time every day, great. If not, sneak it in when you can
2. Start slow. If you’re new to fitness, don't overwhelm yourself with a rigorous program that is just going to discourage you.
3. Don't skip a day. If all you can do is a 15 minute walk, or some jumping jacks and push ups, then so be it. Just don't skip because you don't have the time for a longer workout.
4. Sneak in activity. There are countless opportunities throughout your day to sneak in exercise. Taking your kids to the park, or using the stairs instead of the elevator are just two examples.
5. Get some help. If you are struggling with motivation, or don't know what workout is best for you, enlist the help of a personal trainer. A personal trainer can custom create a workout for you based on your goals, lifestyle and current level of fitness. Ralph Roberts has been helping busy people achieve their fitness goals in Amarillo for years. Contact him today.
Like Ralph on FACEBOOK
Get daily motivational quotes and quick workouts to help you reach your goals.