3 Ways To Stay On Track This Summer
1. Have Fun
Working out should always be fun. If you don’t enjoy what you’re doing, you’re less likely to stick with it.
Summer offers the perfect opportunity to spice up your routine and go on an adventure or two. Consider these ideas for a great way to stay in shape and have a little fun at the same time.
- Try a new activity. Whether it’s rock climbing, swimming or just going for a run on the beach, trying something new keeps you motivated.
- Enjoy the great outdoors. You’ve been cooped up inside all winter. Get outside and absorb the fresh air and sunshine!
- Invite a friend or two. Exercise is always more fun with a partner. Why not invite a few friends to go for a hike and then relax by the pool afterward?
Trips out of town can be scary when you’re trying to stay on track with your fitness goals. Here are a few ways you can still enjoy a vacation without putting on extra pounds.
- Pack healthy, nonperishable snacks. You never know what your food options will be on a trip. Planning ahead keeps you from splurging at every meal.
- Check out your exercise options. Find out which hotels have gyms or a decent place to work out, whether indoors or out.
- Don’t overdo it on the alcohol. A couple of drinks won’t completely derail you—after all, you’re on vacation! Just don’t overindulge each night.
- Remember it’s all about balance. You don’t have to avoid everything. You can still have fun if you find a good balance.
Over the summer, you probably get several invitations to social gatherings. Why not host your own party or barbecue? This way, you maintain control over the menu and can more easily avoid falling off the wagon. Hosting also gives you something to do so that you stay active, rather than lounging around all summer.
Staying Fit with Ralph Roberts
Personal trainer Ralph Roberts knows how to help you get fit for summer and keep working toward those goals—no matter what the season brings. For more healthy tips, subscribe to our newsletter.