Quick Ways To Burn Those Calories
1. Sweat along to your favorite tunes. Many of the best high-energy, foot-tapping songs are around 3-5 minutes in length. Stringing a few of them together will put you around the target time for a vigorous workout. Grab your earbuds and run around the block or hop on your bike for a quick ride. Make sure to stay safe if you’ll be exercising around busy streets.
2. Pump some iron during TV time. In between commercials, most TV shows run a little over 10 minutes. This is a perfect time to get off the couch and do some jumping jacks or burpees. If you’ve got access to stairs, take a few trips up and down to focus on the lower body.
3. Try the 7-Minute Workout. There’s a good amount of science behind this workout, which builds upon the concepts of high-intensity interval training. Essentially, you’ll be doing 11 different exercises for 30 seconds in succession, with a 5-10 second rest in between. You’ll get a powerful full-body workout in a fraction of the time you’d expect.
4. Make it a game. Motivating yourself to do that sweat session is easier if you make it more interesting. Grab a deck of cards and write a workout on the back of each. Give the cards a good shuffle and then pick a few to do for 5-10 minutes, with short rest times in between exercises.
5. Run around the block. The beauty about the quick workout concept is that you do have the time in the morning before your shower. Even when you're busy, chances are you can spare a few minutes to run around the block. Heading outdoors for some fresh air and invigorating activity goes a long way to preparing you for the day ahead.
Would you like more ideas on how to fit in your recommended exercise in a day? Please contact personal trainer Ralph Roberts in Amarillo for other ways to get your heart pumping.